higher screen and comparo(Re: [ST] Seats and screen)

On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 10:55:09AM -0700, al bailey wrote:
> "Ralf St.Clair" wrote:
>
> > Hi folks, [...] 2. The turbulence from the stock RS screen hits
> > me at neck level. Any recommendations regarding a slightly higher
> > screen, or even a lower one? I don't mind windblast on my shoulders
> > (to help keep my body up) but it's a bit of a pain where it is (I'm
> > 6'4", by the way).
>
> i bought a zeroGravity touring screen for my rs. i'm 6'2" with a long
> waist, and sit bolt-upright, so i was getting a lot of windblast. the
> zg touring screen does a great job of smoothing out the air that does
> hit me mid-helmet.
>
> i ordered it from their website, http://www.zerogravityracing.com (?),
> had it in a couple weeks, and it took maybe 10 minutes to install.
>
> some kind soul here on the list put together a fantastic photo
> comparison of the windscreen offerings for the st, most of which are
> available for the rs. that was going to make it onto the triumphnet
> site i thought, but i don't remember if it ever did, since i had
> already changed mine out, and didn't need the info.

I'm 6'4" and have the Triumph tall screen on my ST.  Wind blast hits me
right on the face shield, which makes for lots of wind noise, but I love
the protection the shield affords, especially in wet or cool weather,
in which I did about 1200 miles this past weekend.  Also, I get a weird
vortex at about 90mph indicated that tries to lift my helmet off, but
that's solved by tucking in.

Here's the screen comparo:
http://www.emberson.net/bikes/screens/index.html

Laters,