[ST] Re: Seats and Screens

Ralf,
Interesting comments.  For the record I'm 5'9". I find the
stock RS screen spills wind on my shoulders at speed, just
the way I like it. I recently bought a Givi Sport Touring
Screen for my RS (20 bucks on Ebay). The Givi screen looks
very similar to the Zero Gravity sport touring screen but
I've not had a side by side comparison to see actual
differences in the height, bend, etc.. Anyway on my
initial trial ride I found at lower speeds, 30 - 40mph,
the windblast with the Givi was on my neck but as I got
faster the windblast moved up and at 70-80mph it's right
in my face. The effect is it causes my neck to hurt from
fighting it and is very loud (even with earplugs). So I
went back to the stock screen. I may try the Jack Lilley
double bubble (Zero Gravity doesn't make one for the RS).
But it's interesing that you say the windblast with the
stock screen hits your neck since I'm 7" shorter and I
find it hits my shoulders. Maybe it has to do with our
respective riding positions.
Cheers,
Robbie in Portland
Ugly Black RS