Re: [ST] I-90 (was :Lynwood Cycle Barn Service dept.)

>From: "Charlie McCullough" <charliem90@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >
> >I-90 sucks.  Actually, they SUPER SUCK!  I wouldn't let them adjust my
> >mirrors.
>

>Interesting. I have some friends who swear by 'em. And I've used their
>parts
>dept. to track down some hard-to-find stuff for my tz250 (never used the
>service department as I'm in the southeast US).
>
>What is/was the problem??

A former Sprint ST lister, hereinafter referred to as the "customer," bought
a Daytona, and at the time of this event (last summer), had had his bike in
the shop for 50 days a result of, according to the dealership, a stripped
crank journal screw.  The customer had been bikeless for almost a month and
a half, and although he was offered a loaner bike, when he tried to take
advantage of their offer, the owner refused to let him ride any of their
bikes.

The customer was on the verge of filing a lemon law claim, but extended many
courtesies to the dealership that I would not have, and he was way too
polite.  He did have a moment of testosterone infiltration though and
actually expressed his angst on the phone to Jerry Parish of Triumph NA.
Jerry wrote him off as an irate customer, and the dealership told the
customer to settle down or Jerry wouldn't take care of him.

Then, with parts finally in hand, the dealership was about to embark upon
the rebuild.  The mechanic inspected the engine before beginning the
disassembly, scratched his head, and exclaimed, "That aint a stripped crank
journal screw... it's a stripped fairing bracket screw."

This is only one story.  I have others. I-90 sucks ass!