Re: [ST] 500 mile service - doing it myself?

Before you put in the Amzoil 20-50, have you looked at their 0-50 made for
wet clutch snowmobiles? I called Amzoil and they highly recommend the 0-50.
They make the best synthetic oils, IMHO.
Amzoil sponsored my race car in the early 90's. As part of my obligation to
their sponsorship, my race motor ran their oil for two years without a
change. We only withdrew small amounts of oil for sampling and changed
filters only a few times per year. The only particulates found in the oil
was small (30ppm) traces of dirt. The motor was a non-stressed low horse
power unit in a spec series car where all the cars were identical. I ran
that motor for seven years competitively.
Mike Benzon