[ST] Rear Preload- Factory Setting

This is my first post as a triumph owner . I've been lurking for about 6
months and just recently purchased a 2002 RS from Team Triumph in
Janesville Wisconsin. Great dealership and I love the bike.
 I've got about 1500 miles on now and switched over to full synthetic.
I've also Installed the Two Brothers C2 carbon fiber (love the sound and
looks} as well as had the race tune installed.
 I'll now get to the subject of my post. This weekend, being rainy, I
decided to take some base maesurements (static & loaded sags, front &
rear) before making any changes. After doing so the rear preload seemed
quite a bit off. I figured I'd turn in the four clicks suggested in the
manual to stiffen it up. But being as anal as I am I decided to crank it
all the way in then come back out 8 clicks just to be certain of where I
was. I started turning in and 22, yes, 22 clicks later it finally was
fully in. I then backed it out 8 clicks and the measurements are now in
line with where they shuold be. I've not yet ridden it with the
corrected setting due to the weather, but I am anxious to see how much
differenceit made. I'll let you know.
 Anyone else experience this? And for anyone who's never checked, It
wouldn't be a bad Idea to do so.
 Thanks for all the info in helping me choose the right bike for me.

 Ride Safe, Dave