[ST] Online petition against $50 government TAC levy

The Victorian (Australia) Government has proposed a tax on motorcyclists to
fund a motorcycle and scooter safety program. I feel that it is unreasonable
for motorcyclists to be taxed individually when our registration fees go
towards funding programs for all motorists. Motorcycle and scooter safety
programs should be proportionally funded out of all general registration
fees. I've attached a message from someone who's created a petition against
the tax. If you could take the time to read the petition and sign it if you
agree it would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Philip Las Gourgues

Jason Allen wrote:

 I have created an online petition against the Victorian State (ALP)
 Government's $50 levy on motorcyclists ..

 http://www.PetitionOnline.com/mbiketax/petition.html

 Please sign the petition and forward it to anyone you think that would
 like to sign it, including supportive non-motorcyclists (family,
 friends!). Obviously the more signatures the better.

 I intend to present the petition to Mr Bob Cameron MLA at the
 motorcyclist protest rally on Tuesday 14th May, 2002. Refer
 http://www.netrider.org.au/rally.pdf for more details. If you don't
 manage to sign the petition by that date, please still sign it.
 Additional signatories will still be presented to the government.

 If you don't have web access, please send me an email
 (mailto:jallen@xxxxxxxxx) and I will be happy to add your name to the
 petition on your behalf.

 Thanks and Cheers,
 Jason Allen