[ST] Mike B's bike woes

Since we're all trying hard to persuade Mike Benzon not to abandon Triumph,
or at least not to be a BMW RT...

Last year in North Carolina, I rented a BMW1100RT a couple of times and we
rode it two-up around the Blue Ridge Parkway, including for the East Coast
Rallye.  The RT has a more upright position and more legroom than my ST, but
the engine definitely feels more like a tractor - not too much "whoopee"
there when you open the throttle, unlike the ST.

The biggest drawback I found was vibration.  After a hundred miles or so,
the vibration was making my hands and wrists sore, in a way that the ST has
never done, before or after I fitted Genmars.  The R1150RT may be different,
but I would definitely suggest you try the RT for a good long ride before
committing to it.

Neil