[ST] re: Front sprocket removal

Chris, Chris Chris

You should know that whenever you need information go to the web site!

I, having just recently been in the exact same situation can comment that an
impact wrench (1/2"drive, 30 bucks from Harbor tools)
and a $6.00 36 mm socket from sears will do wonders.

A quick zip (after releasing the tabs) and it was off

Bolt cutters to the chain, and 12mm socket and a hex key on the back to the 6(?)
or so bolts on the rear sprocket and they are off too.

Two sprockets and a chain should only be an hour job max,  I did it for the
first time including the trip to sears and a good clean of the area in an hour
and a half

While you're at sears, if you have an ST, get a 1-13/16 socket and a 1/2 to 3/4
drive converter too for the rear wheel. (<25.00)

Bookmark the following pages:

http://www.triumphnet.com/st/faq/index.html

http://www.triumphnet.com/st/faq/chain/index.html

Good Luck!
Jay (Average Joe) Welsh
'00 ST 2 years today and 19500 on the clock