Re: [ST] Re: st-digest V2002 #253

On Sun, 5 May 2002, Charlie McCullough wrote:

> >No, but I've considered snipping a pair of decent speakers from a walkman
> >headphone and replacing those in the Chatterbox CB-27A headset I use to
> >get better music output.  Seems to me it would be the easiest thing to do
> >since there should just be a signal and ground at each speaker.
>
> Worth trying perhaps but don't be disappointed when they don't sound any
> better (or worse). Results will depend on drive circuit and impedence
> matching on opamp output vs/speakers........

Thanks Charlie, are there markings on the speakers that would help us
non-EE's match things up?  My thinking was that since I was after better
music output,  the speakers from a walkman type headset that sounds good
with the cd player would be good condidates for replacements, but not sure
what that will mean to cb sound quality considering your points.

Advice?

- --

                               ._O_.  '99 SprintST -mine
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 VFR800FI -hers         /~\
"No I don't want a pickle..."   /H\   '89 Hawk GT  -ours   ASCII \ / Against
      bil@xxxxxxxxxx           (=O=)  AMA, CMH-Moto,      Ribbon  X  HTML
"Drink Real Ale"  "Quch!"  #3    U    DoD(6.66), HSTA!  Campaign / \ Mail