[ST] RE: long distance touring

I have a 00' ST, its the red one, you can do at least
200 more miles/day on the red one. besides the red
ones are much better on fuel. Seriously, I have done a
few 700/800 mile days, I have the stock sprockets,
genmar risers, the very best money I have spent on the
bike so far is a custom fit seat (riches custom
upholstery, Seattle WA). Otherwise the bike is stock
down to the stock silencer. Im 6,1 and find it easy to
ride in comfort, leg room is......well...adequate if
not ample... The seat was the biggest problem and
risers helped a little also. Mine does more touring
duty than sport duty. I cant think of any other bike I
would rather have as an only bike.

Tony Burke
00' ST