[ST] Re: Speedo error

In 1974 I took a computer course as part of my business classes and the
final exam consisted of writing a program in Fortran, putting it on punch
cards and running it on the school's mainframe, which was the size of a
small house but had less power than your laptop. My program calculated and
printed the speed in each of the 4 gears of my shiny new Norton 850
Commando, from 1000 rpm through the 7000rpm redline in 100 rpm increments.
You wouldn't believe how long it took to run. The instructor rode a
Bonneville and I got an A!

Scott Summerhays

1967 Triumph Trophy
1974 Norton Commando