[ST] Re: st-digest V2002 #253

In a message dated 5/4/02 9:58:20 AM, owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I should have stated that those are not my speedo readings but my true
speed.
 I measured my rear tire diameter and, using the different gear and tranny
ratios from the manual, made an Excel spreadsheet that calculates my speed in
any gear and in 1000 rpm increments.  My speedo actually reads LOW on this
bike.  When my calcs indicate 83mph at 5K with the 18T sprocket my speedo
reads about 81 to 82 mph.

Doesn't the  tire expand a bit at speed? It wouldn't have to be much to
affect the actual speed vs rpm of the tire. Dave Collins, San Diego