Re: [ST] Long distance touring.

on 5/4/02 12:58 PM, Steven E. Heathman at Talth@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> But, I'm not sure I'll find it comfortable enough for me on long days. I
> liked the ergonomics of the Trophy and esp. the leg room. I've done a couple
> 700 mile days on that bike and had planed to work up to a SS1000 when I got
> a better seat. I ride mostly solo so passenger comfort isn't a
> consideration.

Hi Steve.

I went from a Trophy 900 to the Sprint and would not go back.I actually find
the ST more comfortable than the Trophy. The ST is much more fun when you
get to twisty roads and imo I have less fatigue from the ST than the Trophy.

I do have the bar risers and find them a must for me although others like
the stock rise on the bars. I too have a Zero gravity double bubble
windscreen that I find helps.

Still have not found a great seating option though. Currently I use a beaded
seat cover for long distance and that really help.

I know of several riders on this list(Eric,Mark etc) that have several
SS1000s on the ST.

Hope this helps.

Robert