From: Lex Offer <reffoxel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 02, 2002 8:27 PM
Subject: [ST] Update on Blowed up ST

> Well folks,
>
> Here's the update on my bike.  Triumph is going to repair the engine.
They're going to replace the engine casing, tranny casing, all three
connecting rods, crank, rings, one piston, 4 valves, waterpump, starter, and
various other bits and pieces.  Which is great,  although very puzzling.
According to my dealer the parts alone are costing over $9k.  Add labor and
shipping on top of that, and the cost will be over 10k.

> I am going to get the connecting rods and crank magna fluxed and probably
even shotpeened to reduce the likelihood that this "catastrophic failure"
doesn't happen again.  Did learn something though.  Found out from my dealer
that Triumph makes their own cranks and he thought connecting rods too.