From: Scott [mailto:98-VFR800@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, May 02, 2002 1:58 AM
To: Tex Cycle List; VFR Digest list; Post to ST list
Subject: [ST] Mapsource Roads & Rec

Howdy,

	Maybe I am missing something. If you have used the Mapsource
Roads & Rec software with your Garmin GPS, please hit me off list with
your replies. Here's the question. When I am laying out a trip route,
is there any way to have to software adhere to the curves of the road
without having to pick points along that road? If you are familiar with
the Delorme Map'n'Go software, you know that you can say "get from here
to there VIA this road" and the route conforms to the shape of the road
automatically. The result is very accurate mileage figures. Is this
possible in the Mapsource software? I have found the manual to be much
less than helpful. And having to pick points for every little curve
makes for lots of points.

Adios,

- --
Scott Friday
98-VFR800@xxxxxxxxxxxx
2001 Honda VFR 800 Fi His in Red
1998 Honda VFR 800 Fi Hers in Blue - RED BODYWORK FOR SALE!!
http://sfriday.com/
http://pages.tca.net/sfriday/ (mirror site)

*