Re: [ST] Update on Blue Devil

In a message dated 9/14/2001 7:12:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
slawler@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>I concur. I asked and they do not have any yet. But they have 2 Blue
>2000 ST's. I love the color. I love the bike. I am frustrated by not
>being out there on the "Blue Devil." And the end of riding season is
>rapidly approaching (well, about 3 months away if the snow can hold off).

Don't knock the snow.  A friend commuted 555 days straight (this is calendar
days, and only means when he had to work he rode), in Bangor, Maine.  He and
I had ridden off road for years and stud our tires in the winter. Steve took
this one step further and bought a used KE100 cheap (they are almost free
even when new), studded it up and rode that all winter.  He let me take it
out a couple of times in 20+ inch snow storms.  WHAT A BLAST!!!  As a two
stroke, they are easy to start even when it's 20 below.

Hold off on the new ST, buy a KE and suck it up for a few months, love the
winter, by an ST in the spring and look forward to winter again.

Sean
'01 Sprint ST
'98 XR400 (w/ a set of studded tires in the basement)