[ST] Long Distance in General

Hello everyone,

I have little experience doing long distance motorcycle riding.  As a cyclist
I have done many on and off road trips of three to four days long.  What do
all of you usually take if you are intending on camping (this varies for
season I realize).  Is it realistic to bring food and cooking gear as well as
the usual tent, sleeping bag etc.?  On a bicycle set up for touring you can
take quite a bit of stuff, a Sprint is somewhat limited on space
comparatively.  Also, how about tire repair kits.  Are they really any good
or should one rely on roadside assistance groups?  Speaking of them, do you
have any suggestions.

All thoughts would be appreciated.  I have done quite a bit of motorcycle
traveling with hotel stays (I work construction so I'm all over the place),
but that sort of trip has different needs.

Thanks as always
Sean
'01 Sprint ST
'98 XR400 w/ lights