[ST] ...the oddest thing...

So I've been scratching my head on this for a week.

When Vixen got tail-ended, the exhaust header was split. So Cal Triumph
replaced it, and I had the replacement Jet-Hot coated, in the hopes that it
would reduce the "toasty" feeling the Sprint sometimes gives in warm
weather. Supposedly the coating (http://www.jet-hot.com/) reduces the
radiated heat.

So I get the bike back, and damn if my feet aren't being just _scorched_.
Much worse than before. bad enough that I'm checking the level of coolant
and oil, which prove to be OK. The temp gauge is normal (about 1/8" above
the upper "C" line). Now it starts rising immediately when I'm stopped in
traffic.

The bike went down on it's right side, not it's left, and the engine feels
fine (no evidence of over lean mix, etc.). Any ideas what's going on??

I'm perplexed. Call me:

Perplexed in Southern California...

MarcD