[ST] UK headlight switch

In a message dated 11/29/01 9:57:40 PM, owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I'm not sure about the wiring, my guess would be that the US and UK models
would use different wiring harnesses. Also as far as I know you can't just
buy the missing switch, you have to buy the whole switch assembly. Those
who have installed it can give you more info. I bought one of the first
Sprints that came to the dealer and had the heated grips installed long
before I heard about this mod.

Yes, you buy the whole assembly from Jack Lilley (not available in US)it has
its own wiring harness, which, with a little wiggling you can plug in to the
socket that is waiting for it up near the left side of the headlight, under
the front fairing, from wich you have removed the wiring harness from the US
switch assembly. Not necessary to remove the fairing. The US assembly, with
kill switch etc is removed, and goes into a drawer in your garage. The new
one has a kill switch Be careful not to pinch the wire from the heated grip
when you tighten up the new switch assembly. . I have Motolight running
lights but I control them with the separate switch that comes with them, so I
can control them separately from the headlight. Since I don't run with the
headlight off, the only thing I use the UK switch for is when I am fiddling
with the bike in my garage, and need the ignition on, but don't want to run
the battery down with the headlights on. Dave Collins, San Diego