Re: [ST] Headlight out

Garry:  No I didn't notice any jiggling, but then I might not have been
watching for that.  The first time I noticed was the light was out was at
dusk in the reflection off the back of a van at a stoplight.  Last week it
was in the reflection in the window of the hotel in the morning.  The night
before the fog was as thick as pea soup so I didn't notice if there was less
illumination than normal.  Thanks, I'll take a look at the fixture here when
I do my winter tear down.

STeve:  Thanks, when I do the winter tear down I'll check the voltage too.

Last night on the way home I also realized the mileage, i.e., real time on
the light usage.  The first left bulb saw about 16,000 miles and the second
about 9,000 miles, but the right bulb has seen 25,000 miles.

Doug Bailey "Hound Dawg"

I had a headlight go out twice, too.  Did you notice if the beam
hitting the road seems to be jiggling with every bump?  If so, consider that
maybe the fixture that's holding the bulb is loose and vibrating.  When I
investigated further, which included removing the entire headlight assembly,
I found one of the studs inside the housing was loose.  I snugged it up with
a wrench and dabbed some silicone on to absorb vibration and keep it from
loosening, again.  Since then, no troubles.