Re: [ST] alt.motorcycles.triumph??

On Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 05:47:31AM -0800, Chris wrote:
> I've often wondered if people would like to use a threaded message board
> instead of a mailing list. You'd need a browser to read and post instead of
> email. Any thoughts on that?
>
> -Chris

Maybe it's just because I cut my teeth on Usenet and am a text-based
junkie, but my thought is:  I hate web-based bulletin boards with a
burning passion. :)

Many computer gaming sites have gone to this format because it's
web-based and easier for newbies, but I find them hard to follow, as
topics get "bumped to the top" or "fall off" the web page unpredictably,
making it hard to find a discussion you want to follow.  Also, you have
to scroll to the bottom of each thread just to read one new response,
and it's harder to quote someone else's message.

Laters,
Brian
- --
'99 ST (black)