[ST] for Mal - ST bars on RS

 >>> Has anyone had success fitting the clip on bars off
the SR onto the RS. I was told that you have to cut
part of the farring away to clear the throttle cable
at full left lock. If this is true, why can't you just
rotate the throttle so that the cable is no longer on
top? <<<

    You can!  ST bars is probably the most common mod made to the RS
(at least in the US) and is not a problem.  Many riders have also
mounted them over the Gen-Mar risers,... see mine at:

 http://www.triumphnet.com/st/upload/RSwSTbars&GenMars.jpg

    Notice the key position, showing that the bars are at full left
lock.  Without heated grips, it's just a simple matter of rotating
the throttle housing as you noticed.  With heated grips (which I
have) the throttle housing cannot be rotated and it's necessary to
remove the windscreen, bend the arms out about 1/8 inch (3mm) and
re-attach the screen.  You want to do both sides so it doesn't look
uneven.  With the GenMars it's best to use a longer throttle cable
(from the Trophy, if I recall correctly).  I don't recall the prices.

                                   Have fun;
                                              doggydo   - - - o%\o