Re: [ST] Value Rating etc.

I don't know where you're located, but it must be Europe because in the USA
we only see the XJR1300 in photos. Curiously, there's currently a glut (350
of them) of leftover Sprint RS's in US dealers' showrooms. Must be true,
because Triumph has been running advertisements offering "zero down, 4.99%"
financing or $500 of gear and accessories. They've also lowered the asking
price to $8799. Seems lower then prices in GB, so it might be worth shipping
one back where it came from.  :-)  At that price, the RS truly is a great
value.

As for this print ad they're running, I wish I knew who Triumph USA is using
for an ad agency. I'd have to congratulate them for putting out some the
most awful ad copy I've ever seen. Almost as bad as their "Embarass men in
leather suits" campaign, this ad reads, in part, "Why are we making this
insane offer? To clear floor space for the 2002 models we'll soon be selling
to LESS ASTUTE buyers for considerably more money." How offensive is that?
Gee, I just can't wait to be a less astute buyer and pay far more for my
2002. Duh! Not really though, because although I haven't seen one in person,
that new "acidic yellow" looks terrible to me. The new motor, IMO, is
asthetically a dud. That thing has enough bolts on it to rebuild ten Meriden
Triumphs, and looks "blocky", industrial. Is another 12 HP worth it?

Best of luck getting your new RS, Gerrit.

Ken M.
'00 RS, yellow of course