Re: [ST] Motorcyclist, ST comparo

STeve Duncan wrote:

> Just got the Jan. 2002 issue (why do they do that anyway, it's freakin'
> Nov.) ANYWAY, there's a comparo of the Duc ST4s, Aprilla Futura, and our
> beloved Sprint-ST.  Big surprise, Sprint 3rd, Futura 2nd, ST4s 1st. I
> By the way, there is one picture in the article of the Futura from
> behind. I know they use weird "fish-eye" lenses and all, but, my gawd!
> That is one really FUGLY rear end, with the anal exhaust and bat-wing
> hardbags.  NO THANKS!  Gimme my little ST till oh, maybe 2005, I should

I hope Triumph continues their good work on body design/cosmetics. The
lines and on all the Triumph models are pleasing to the eyes. On the
other hand, the Futura and the new VFR have the most fussy styling I've
seen. I have always thought the VFR a nice looking bike, but now, it's
looks has gone down hill.

I've nothing to criticize on the Ducatis. They will continue designing
bikes to drool for, but my days of ducatisti have ceased (for a while).
Their styling has a distinctiveness as I can always tell by a silhouette
if it's a Duc the same way I can tell a Triumph from a distance.

Just one woman's opinion.

Tai Day
'00 RS (yellow!)
'72 /5