[ST] RE: Dead trumpet / sidestand safety switch disabling

>huh?  maybe you get to decide where you have your accidents due to
>inattentiveness, but most people don't.  that's what inattentiveness
>_means_.

If you're riding a 100+ hp motorcycle inattentively, you're asking for
trouble, sidestand switch or no. That's what dipshit _means_.
FINE-C, and SIPDE. Next question.

>oh sure, and those are always safe, right?  like i said -- i'd rather
>scratch my head wondering why my bike won't start someday.  i hope i'll
>be clever enough to check the sidestand switch.  not sure you feel like
>you won't be.

Well, I'm not going to sit quivering behind my couch waiting for the end of
the world.
I did disable the safety switch on my KLR, only because it shit its pants,
they are known for that on KLRs.
I won't disable it on the Sprint, it works fine, so there is no reason to do
so.
Disabling a _functional_ safety device on a motor vehicle is friggin stupid.
But Holy Cow, your claims of fatalities from disabling a side stand safety
switch are fear mongering at best, and more than likely just absolutely
ridiculous.

>the last sidestand-related accident i read about was a woman that went
>off an embankment on one of the popular twisty mountain roads near LA or
>SF, a couple of years ago.

That story was probably from the guys that made up alligators in the Florida
sewer system crap, but believe whatever cockamamey bullshit you want.

Now I don my flameproof asbestos Kevlar suit.
I think the best place for a woman on a bike is on the pillion.
Now I realize there are several lovely exceptions to this rule, but numbers
don't lie, and the vast majority of female bike riders I have met aren't
competent riders, and at least half of them could kick my ass.

>but like i said, do what you will.

>Paul

Thank you for your blessing to do what I was gonna do anyway.

CA Stu A13 <-- just pawn in game of life
Riverside CA