RE: [ST] Dead Trumpet

 > My Sprint somehow acquired a short in the left switch housing that
 > killed the lights when you hit the horn and prevented the clutch
 > switch from closing. If the clutch switch doesn't close, the starter
 > motor won't crank. Replacing the switch housing fixed the problem.

Just had my left switch assembly replaced last week - same issue.  Horn
would work intermittently, and when it failed, it would kill the lights
while the switch was depressed... also, the bike wouldn't turn over unless
the forks were turned to the right, past center.  Crazy stuff.

Replacing the lefthand switch assembly fixed both problems.