Re: [ST] Shifter shaft seal leakage

On Tue, 13 Nov 2001 16:00:48 -0800, "Peckham ."
<peckhammer@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Hey, glad to see you are alive and well.

Very busy though. I've been teaching CNC programming at a local
college the past two semesters, and it's really cutting into my free
time. Lots of fun though. The most maddening thing is that now that I
have access to several CNC machines as well as official encouragement
to use them, I can't think of any projects to do with them. Talk about
embarrassing.

>No one will discuss your shifter shaft right now because they are all up in
>arms about the clutch cable recall. ;-)

I replaced mine at 50,000 miles when it broke. The one that's in there
has gone 20,000 miles so far and seems to be doing fine. Even if it
weren't, the blasted things only cost ~$10.00. If yall are worried
that it's gonna break, thread a spare next to the 'working' one and
swap when it's convenent/necessary/the voices command it.

Now that that's out of the way, what's the story with the shifter
shaft seal? I'm leaking oil, damit!