Re: [ST] Clutch cable recall fiasco

The recall parts problem seems to happen in a lot of industries, in my
experience. The company just wants to get out the recall to cover their
liability (lawsuits arising from defective products, etc.) They worry about
the distribution of the replacement parts after the fact..

Wanted to let all of the RS owners know that my 00' RS was in the recall, so
make sure that you check with your dealer, ST or RS!!

Also, don't everyone jump down your dealer's throats about calling you for
the service. I called mine today, and they had just received the recall last
Friday. Besides, why would they call you when they don't have the parts to
fix your bike?? and, from my experience owning cars, isn't it the
responsibility of the manufacturer to notify you about recalls??

Cheers,
- -forrest
00' Sprint RS