Re: [ST] One-Piece Shifter

On Monday, November 12, 2001, at 06:54  AM, Randy S wrote:

>>> So, what is the benefit of the one-piece shifter?  How does it
>>> compare to the stock shifter?  (I wouldn't mind one that was a bit
>>> lower).

One disadvantage that comes to mind, just to throw into the
consideration mix, is the fact that the position adjustment will be
dictated by the spline increments, as opposed to being infinitely
adjustable by the link threads. Another would be that if an oops
occurred and the one piece took a direct hit, that force would go
directly to the shift input shaft, probably doing more damage than would
occur with the stock setup. In the plus column, there should be less
slop, but even though my RS has some slop, it doesn't interfere with
smooth shifting.
I've not tried the one piece, nor do I have anything against it; just
thought I'd throw out these thoughts.

Regards,

Dennis in Scottsdale, AZ
'00 RS miss me Yellow