RE: [ST] Re: Warming up an engine

> If the sensor is a 'loop detector' like used in many
> traffic signals in the US, and I bet it is, this
> little product below might help you out (pun intended)
> when dealing with that pesky gate.
> http://www.greenlighttrigger.com/

This discussion came up a few months ago and the general consensus then was
that the piece of equipment you're referring to is actually a load of
bollocks!

> Basically, these detectors use an inductive loop and
> measure change in inductance to know whether or not
> there's a vehicle present.  Most modern bikes lack
> enough ferrous metal to register on these detectors,
> but this sucker is powerful enough magnet to set it
> off.

Not strictly true I'm afraid.  There is more than enough metal in modern
motorcycles to trigger your average loop detector.  Problems occur only when
the detectors are not installed and adjusted correctly.  Bolting all sorts
of useless metal and magnets to your bike is not the answer.  Get the
tossers who are responsible for the detector to adjust the sensitivity to
something more appropriate.

Andy