Re: [ST] And Dealers wonder why they are losing business to mail

I've been watching this discussion with much amusement.  My experience in
tire sales is from both sides of the counter.  I worked at a Harley dealer
in Kansas City that offered FREE mount and balance with the purchase of a
tire.  That purchase price was competitive with mail order prices because we
did a regular bulk business with Motorcycle Stuff, and they gave us great
prices.  Mind you this is a one brand shop, and we were able to wheel and
deal great prices, and great service.  The customer bought a tire, wheel
weights and bearing seals(old technology) that was it.  This was on or off
the bike.  If a dealer really wanted too they could be competitive, but they
have to crunch the numbers, and get the word out.

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen
<<
Apparently the real deals available to Chaparrel. MAW, MCTires etc. is only
in the 1000+unit orders. Obviously no dealer can order a thousand tires at a
time.