Re: [ST] Fuel Stabilizer - OK for the Sprint?

Check that manual again.  Mine says 95RON (Research
Octane Numbers), which is different from MON (Motor
Octane Numbers).  You can learn the difference by
going to http://www.vpracingfuels.com/main.html and
clicking on 'Tech bulletins' in the left-hand frame
and then 'Octane Numbers: What They Mean'.

Anyway, the pumps in Ohio, and the pumps in every
other state I've been in, are labeled with the average
of the two.  The stickers on the pump here even give
the formula, just in case you dont know how to take an
average - (R + M)/2.

I used to have a pamphlet that showed the 'average' 92
pump octane gas was something like 96RON and 88MON.
Since I moved I dont know where that thing is anymore,
it's in a box somewhere.

Anyway, long story short, usually the highest octane
at the pump meets Triumph's requirements...although a
fuel  stabilizer/octane boot couldnt hurt, and usually
helps things out a little.  I've been tossing around
the idea of a 5gal can of VP Motorsport 103, I know
some folks who run a 1/2 and 1/2 mix with that and
pump gas and they get good results.

HTH...