Re: [ST] Idle problem after refuelling and short journey

On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 08:27:29PM -0000, Alliston Hyde wrote:

> I have just bought a 99 ST with 2000 miles on the clock, its never
> been serviced.  After refuelling and a 10 mile trip, I stopped the
> engine and when I returned after 5 mins the bike would not idle.  The
> bike had been on the side stand for those 5 mins, I kept the bike
> running and set off for a 20 mile journey.  During the journey it
> still would not idle, I switched off the bike and then re-started
> it and then it idled fine.

I had the exact same thing happen to me, though it was my 2nd short trip
after filling up.  If you turned it off and back on with the key and
that fixed the problem, then it's a known issue.  From what people told
me in response to my episode of it, it happens very infrequently.
Indeed, it has not happened to me since that one time, over 3000 miles
ago.

Laters,
Brian