[ST] for Stu - Chaparral

 >>> they were in stock, mounted, balanced out the door in way less
time than it would have taken me just to buy the damn things at
Chaparral, not to mention the mechanic at the Kawi dealer wasn't
flipping burgers last week.<<<

    Funny you should mention that!  On a long trip last month, I ran
out of rear tire at Wrightwood and ran down to Chaparral for a new
one.  I was the first customer of the day and the monkey motion to
buy a tire is incredible! The building is the size of a city block
and you first have to go to the tire dept. (at the furthest point
from the entrance) to select a tire, then go back out and around
behind the building to the service dept. (on the opposite side of the
wall from the tire dept. but there's no door) to arrange for the
mounting, then when it's finally ready back around again into the
bowels of the building to pay the cashier and then out and around
back once more with the receipt before you can pick up your bike!

    Any Government agency would be proud to have dreamed up such a
system!

    To add insult to injury, the service writer who wrote my order
filled it out with 'Harley' stated as the 'manufacturer' and
'Triumph' stated as the 'model' of the motorcycle!  Hamburger
flippers indeed!... I was surprised he didn't ask if I wanted an
order of fries while I was waiting.

                                            Cheers;
                                                     doggydo   - - -
o%\o