RE: [ST] And Dealers wonder why they are losing business to mail order?

If there is that much of a discount for buying tires in bulk, why don't
the dealerships get together to form a cooperative??

I know that here in Albuquerque, the local dealerships do have a
cooperative.  The shop I bought tires from in Milwaukee when I lived there
was part of a cooperative.  Does this make their tires cheaper?  Well, sort
of.  My first rear tire of the season (MEZ4) was $180 installed, my latest
(MEZ4) was $140 installed.  $140 installed is a really good price.  Mail
order isn't enough cheaper when you add installation and shipping.

I've purchased a good number of accessories through mail order and an equal
amount through my dealer.  I do believe in supporting my dealer (only
Triumph dealer here), but I won't buy from them if mail order is
significantly cheaper.

Dan (hungry dawg) Wallander
'99ST