Re: [ST] Mobil One at SAM's Club

"by way of Message_Redirector@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" wrote:

> From: Jt94@xxxxxxx
> Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 13:16:54 EST
> Subject: Re: [ST] Mobil One at SAM's Club
> To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> In a message dated 11/1/2001 12:06:46 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> 98-VFR800@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>  > Our local Sam's has the 15-50 Mobil One Tri-Synthetic for sale
>  > at $22 for six quarts
>
> So, would this be a nice alternative for the spec'd oil?  I'd really like to
> change my oil before putting the ST into winter storage, but really don't
> want to pay that much for oil that's just going to be used for storage.  I
> plan on using the spec'd oil next spring when I take the bike out of storage.

not having either my owner's manual or a quart of
mobil one 15-50 synth handy, i'd guess it meets
or exceeds the specs set forth in the manual.

it's what i've used in my rs since my 500mi oil/filter
change, and at 6k (sorry, it's a commuter bike), with
changes at 1.5k and 4.5k, it's running great.

it's what i've used in previous bikes as well, all with
excellent results.

sorry ya gotta put it up through the winter - bout all
i have to contend with is temps to the 30's (farenheit,
and hopefully not for a few more weeks) and some rain.

also - re: chain cleaning - i use one of those
scrubber brush tools dipped in a basin of warm water
and simple green sitting below the chain. shot of
WD40 (as a *W*ater *D*ispersant) followed by a shot of
TriFlow, both over a piece of cardboard from the
recycling bin, a quick wipe with a rag, and away we go.

frequency: every 2nd or 3rd fill-up. WD40 and TriFlow
when i get home from a rain ride.

	good luck! - al.
- --
       /\ _