Re: [ST] Cold weather questions

>  My cheeks and chin are starting to numb when riding in the cold. >
>  Any ideas what to do, other than not ride or move to CA?  I've got

When the weather turns cool here in Northern Calif, I use a Noj Quiet
Rider.  It's primary purpose, I believe, is to reduce wind noise inside
the helmet, but I find it is much better at sealing the helmet around
the neck, thus keeping the cold air out.  It takes a little getting
used to, as it seems somewhat claustrophic at first.  I find that it
makes riding much more enjoyable during the winter months.  It installs
and removes easily from my Shoei X-Tec, so I can put it in and take it
out as the temperature warrants.  I find I like it much better than the
balaclava, etc.

It's available from a lot of the motorcycle accessory stores; here's a
link to the item at Motorcycle Super Store (I'm not endorsing them,
this just came up first on a Google search; I got mine from Dennis
Kirk):

http://www.motorcyclesuperstore.com/product.asp?ID=2832

- -Keith
'00 RS