[ST] local bike night

Sorry for the length of this, but I just thought the
whole thing was cool.

As usual for a Wednesday, I went to a local restaurant
for a bike night event last night (Quaker Steak and
Lube, if you've ever heard of'em).

It was a nice night in central Ohio, all day the
temperature was warner than normal, and definately
warmer than other recent days.  That combined with the
fact that they were giving away a Harley Sportster
drew a large crowd.  I wish I won the bike...I would
have sold it to pay of the Sprint.

This event is usually dominated by HD riders, but
through the summer there are typically a good deal of
sport bikes too, which makes for a nice mix.

I sometimes try to elicit some response from some
Harley riders about my bike (many of them dont like a
bike that doesnt resemble thiers - ie the same make).
As I pulled through the parking lot I found a nice
opening between some Harleys, about 10 feet wide, so I
backed in...the only non-Harley for some distance.

Sadly, nobody was there to say anything to me about
when I was going to get a 'real' bike, or asking why I
rode a 'girls' bike.  Do these people really think a
bike with 2x as much bhp as theirs is a 'sissy' bike?
I know most of these people would gladly take a
performance car over a sedan any day, but not so with
bikes for some reason.

Anyway, a friend of a friend wanted to see my bike,
when we walked back to my red ST, on one side sat a
green Trophy and on the other a yellow RS and a few
feet down as a TT with some sort of neon-type light
inside the fairing.  I'd also seen a few Thunderbirds
in other parts of the lot too.

Further down the lot there was also an *OLD* Triumph
chopper.  This thing was so old that there was only 1
mirror by design, no gauges of any kind except oil
pressure near the right foot peg and the only paint
was on the tank and maybe frame (it was kinda dark to
tell for sure).

I'd never seen as many Triumphs there at once, let
alone that close together.  It was just a cool
experience.

Anyway, I'm glad that Triumph had such a nice showing.
 It was a nice thing to see.

Ben Snyder
'01 Red Sprint ST
Columbus, OH