RE: Tire Pressure

> In a message dated 9/28/00 11:57:02 AM Central Daylight Time,
> owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> > The
> >  shop manual offers only one setting (one up I would assume)
> 2.5 bar (36.259
> >  PSI) front 2.9 bar (42.06 PSI) rear. That's what I have run
> since day one
> >  and have had no problems.
> >  Paul & Dee
> How can you assume the shop or owners manual will be correct once
> you switch
> from original tires. It seem the tire Manufacturer would know
> better. In the
> case of Avons Azaros my front calls for 42 Front. Rear 42. This is the #
> printed on the tires.
> The front seems high but have tried it with better wearing.
>
> David "Bird Dawg" Viosca

I would agree totally with that point, but I think what is generally put on
the sidewalls is a maximum pressure. I'm not a tire expert by any stretch of
the imagination. I would probably prefer to get pressure information from
the MFG printed on a sheet with specific recommendations for my bike. I also
still think Erik's method of a % increase from cold to hot has some merit. I
really knew that I should never have made a post on such a volatile subject
and if I'm smart will leave my keyboard at this point when this comes up.

Paul & Dee