Brakes? What brakes.

Lance LaCerte, Psy D <LACPSYD@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I would like as much input from as many list members as possible, as
> I've decided to make my upcoming winter project on the 'ol scoot a
> full front end brake replacement --- this will surely included new
> calipers, possibly new discs and maybe even a new master cylinder.

    Yay!

> I would like to know about some high quality aftermarket kit that
> replaces the Triumph units (read: I don't want to have to do any
> machining/adapting) that will let me stop on a dime and pick it up.

    Triumph used to sell their "Triumph 6" front brakes as a kit for T3
bikes.  These brakes were stock on the Super III and had a little less
power than the ST's brakes, but far more feel.  The brakes were actually
designed and built for Triumph by ?Alcon? - they reputedly make Indy car
(or should that be CART?) brakes.

    Or it might be worth finding out if R1 brakes would fit :-)

                Jim
- --
      jim@         ,'_             You could always enter a race with the
  gillespie.org   / -.--.    ___   600s, that ought to give you several
                 _\_  ~-.`--'_.-'  starts in one race
 '99 Sprint ST  \__/ `---'  \__/                            -- Roger Ford