Re: service costs.. WHAT !!!!!

Erik Miner wrote:

> $800.00 for a service!!!!!

The 12,000 mile service was charged out to a little over 9 hours shop time at $70
per plus $100 parts plus Tax.  Considering what they do, (list is in the manual) I
don't think the hours are over the top.  Other shops may take less time, but then I
don't really have much choice for service as the nearest is 50 miles (Albuquerque
NM) away and the next closest is Colorado Springs, Dallas or Phoenix, distances
measured in hours.

I'm like you, Erik, I would do it myself, but my shop offered a three year
scheduled maintenance agreement at the outset for $850.  Since I'm already up to
about $1200 in charged maintenance, I think I'm making out pretty well.  They also
change the oil anytime I want it changed, no extra charge.

Are these costs out of line with what others are paying?

Dan
99ST