Re: Deceleration rattle

>Flash seems to be developing a rattle, barely noticeable at first, but I
>think getting progressively worse.
>The ONLY time it occurs is when decelerating using the engine as brake.
>I had the mechanic check it out,
>he said it sounded normal to him, but that was a couple of weeks ago. My
>concern is that the cam chain
>may be losing its proper tension, ie the tensioner isn't working. Anyone
>have any experience along these
>lines. Flash is going in for a warranty claim as soon as they get the
>parts, so I'll have them check again.
>Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

How's your drive chain look? Mine at 10k is due for replacement. I tried
adjusting it yesterday because I was hearing a noise on deceleration that I
thought might be the chain slapping around. The tension on the chain is so
uneven that I guess it's time to replace it. I was hoping it would make it
to 12k so I could have it replaced while I had it in for service.

Matt Knowles - mattknowles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.earthlink.net/~mattknowles
Aesthetic Design & Photography - (408) 977-1804
http://www.aestheticdesign.com