Re: broken shifter rod

  Any reason anyone can think of that a pieces of 1/4" steel with the
appropriate threads cut in it wouldn't work?  Is the fact that it's
aluminum special so that I don't trash the tranny trying to get it
into gear?

  The reason I ask is that I've almost finished cutting threads on a
piece of steel, and want to make sure that it wasn't aluminum for a
good reason...

- - --
- - -jong

Just make sure to cut one side with reverse threads if you do.  Thats the
trick.  I think the new stock item is now steel, so it may not be worth it.

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen