Re:

IMHO the Daytona is more of a straight up sport bike.  The Sprint is more of
a sport tourer.  I find that the Sprint is more than fast enough for me, and
is comfortable enough to do some serious miles, without the complexity of a
dedicated touring rig.  It fits my needs to a t, as I like to ride my bike to
the fun roads rather than trailer it.  This is only my opinion, I am sure
others will have others.  John Conneely