Re: broken shifter rod

  Neil> Sorry there old man, I went and replaced mine with the one piece unit from the
  Neil> Daytona. A bit closer to the peg than the original  but I'll stick with it.

  Arg!  I'll see what they have in stock at the dealer and get
whatever they have, thanks Neil.

  Neil> I believe the rod is about $16. Some have already replaced it have gone so far to
  Neil> buy two in order to have a spare.

  Any reason anyone can think of that a pieces of 1/4" steel with the
appropriate threads cut in it wouldn't work?  Is the fact that it's
aluminum special so that I don't trash the tranny trying to get it
into gear?

  The reason I ask is that I've almost finished cutting threads on a
piece of steel, and want to make sure that it wasn't aluminum for a
good reason...

- --
- -jong