accessory receptacle

In a message dated 9/15/00 9:57:17 PM, owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< will take forever.  I heard something about John Deer using the same size
plug for auxilary power on thier equiptment.  Can anyone verify this.  I
would like to modify the plug on my heated vest. I've got a trip planned
through PA next week (closest hills to Ontario) and it's getting nippy out
there.  Heated vest will come in handy.

Thanks in advance.

According to info from the list, the accessory receptacle on the ST is meant
to be used for battery charger only-it has a fuse inside which will blow if
you plug in an electric vest. Might be possible to take it apart and put in
stronger fuse-Eric?
John Deere plug # <RE11344>  Receptacle  <AL25073> Dave Collins, San Diego