Re: dropped - oil smoke

At 08:38 AM 9/20/00 -0500, Jeff Jenkins wrote:
>Dropped my st again last night, this makes 3 times in a year....

Do you know the body panel part numbers by heart yet ?

>I remember the Triumph rep at the TSRA rally telling me about this sort of
>thing but can't remember exactly what the cause was and if this was
>something that needed to be checked out now or not.  Anybody know?  Is it
>safe to run it out or do I need to haul it in to the dealer?

If it is over long enough or at the right angle, you might be able to get a
hydrostatic lock on the motor, but since you righted it and it turned right
over, you don't have a problem there. More than likely you got some oil in
the air box - you can pop the tank off to clean that up. Otherwise you are
probably ok - just be sure to check your oil level to make sure you haven't
lost too much.

- - Eric