RE: Win a TT600 (USA)

At 12:03 PM 9/20/00 +0200, Henning Halfpap wrote:
>Honestly, I've got a question: Why are New York and Florida residents
>not eligible for such a drawing? I suspect that there is a law but why

It is because (in Florida) we have a large population of aging idiots.
Seems that when folks get a lottery notice in the mail that says "You are
our next million dollar winner" the people toss down their walkers, canes
and whatever else to hurry off to the lottery agent to collect their prizes
(yes, it really does happen). So, our esteemed Attorney General went on the
warpath to exterminate this predatory practice.... and I must say he does a
pretty good job. The rules that must be followed are so screwy that most
giveaways find it easier to exclude us than to try and conform. I would
assume that similar problems have lead to the NY exclusion as well.

No worries though as my Dad and Brother have already entered ;-)

- - Eric