RE: Close encounter of the deer kind

It has to be deer season. I was riding around West Marin on Sunday, scouting out a route for an Oct ST/RS ride. Stopped in the town of Tomales for a coffe and a bun. Erik, the Prince of Darkness, was seated on the patio. He had a huge hole in his fairing just below the hand grips. Apparently, he was riding his Blackbird slowly along the Nicasio reservoir and a deer flew out in front of him. The deer's hind quarter hit Erik's right leg and bike. He was able to stay up and running.

Seems like everytime I here about accidents and mishaps, I get a chance at them myself. On my way home a deer flew out in front of me and oncoming traffic. I was thankful for the hefty brakes on my RS.  Geez, this was just past noon.

Ride safe, Tai