Re: After 20 weeks of healing I finally got to ride again! And then the bummer...

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Pen & Adam" <penadam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
<<<SNIP>>>

> But, coming out of the twisties my bike began to spew fuel out.
> According to my riding buddy, I was leaving a trail of gas down the road.
He
> said it looked like I was going to coat my rear tire and bust my ass at
any
> instant.  Luckily, I somehow heard his wimpy horn and slowed down and
pulled
> over.  I hopped off the bike, looked down and watched gas pour out of the
> bottom of the bike.   And I mean pour, like you turned an open bottle on
its
> side!  After about 30 seconds on the side of the road, it stopped leaking
> gas (maybe the pressure in the tank equalized with the outside air?).
<<<SNIP>>>

Hey that sounds familiar. Not sure if you remeber my posting sometime back?
My ST developed a 3mm split in one of the fuel lines that feed the fuel rail
that the injectors sit on. This dumped 5 litres of fuel over me and the
bike.
Through this I discovered that liquid petrol does not ignite on a very hot
exhaust, thankfully :-)

Hope it's sorted soon.

Regards, Ian
Kent, England